Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Well last week was my test of whether I was paying attention in research and writing or not.  I spent the whole week writing.  So the supplemental brief the judge requested on liquidated damages and also attorney fees was due this past Friday.  I spent Monday and Tuesday pretty much do research because 1, they want to take advantage of my free Westlaw, and 2 we didn't have much of an argument because our attorney made the initial mistake, so I really had to dig deep and its a good thing the Westlaw was still free.

So I'm sorry if there isn't much info in this post but other than that research the rest of the week I wrote; that brief, a summary judgment response, motion to reinstate, and prepared a bankruptcy petition.  We actually found out late in the day yesterday even though I'm sure we had stellar writing in our brief, we lost.  But it was kind of expected but still we kind of felt bad.  I'm sure we will be appealing so I will have that to work on in the future.

Personally I am in the process of filling our my Texas Bar application.  I have decided to stay here and I believe I get the feeling this firm will offer me a job.  I'm trying to be here as long as possible before I actually turn in the application to speak to them and find our their intentions however I think I will be staying here even if they do not, but fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment