Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Chuggin Along

Ok I believe I missed a week, sorry about that. However, 2 weeks ago was very uneventful.  I did a lot of work, but nothing to write home about.  I speant the entire week sending out affs to State Farm to sign for clients.  Unlike a lot of the extern sites I bet most students are in, this firm is so high volumn because we do work for State Farm so there are always high numbers of cases in each stage of the litigation process.  So that week was getting repair, Rental, medical, or total loss affidavits all prepared with damages and everything and sending them out to the various State Farm litigation teams to sign and get returned to us so we can move to the next stage.

This past week was maybe no better to read but I did get a lot of opportunities to learn.  Still no court this week, but I spent Monday-Wednesday answering discovery.  So that included requests for disclosure, production, and interrogatories.  It took a little practice learning what requests I needed to spend hours trying to find the answer to, or which ones I should just opject to off the bat.  I think I got it down pretty good though.  Then Thursday which was my last day last week, I actually prepared interogatories to go out to defendants.  That AT&T case I spoke about a few weeks ago, well it was actually the interloc and the actual trial is in January so mediations are getting close and we needed to get discovery requests out.  However I don't think mediation is necessary at this point because they have already collected from the interlocatory and no incentive to mediate anymore.

Personally, my time at Dickman is going very well, I am learning a lot and always have something new to do.  I am required to work 16 hours a week but since the start have been working 40.  My boss out of the blue last week called me into his office and said he will be paying me for all those extra hours I work, which really made my week.

Lastly, I am actually going to a Cooley alumni reception tonight in downtown Dallas with one of my bosses, who is also a Cooley grad.  Only thing is its interfering with the Tigers game tonight, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment